To use OS MasterMap data downloaded from Digimap in ArcGIS 9, it is necessary to import the GML data into a Geodatabase. For small datasets (under 2Gb) where multi-user editing is not required, this can be a Personal Geodatabase. For larger amounts of data or where multi-user editing is required, an ArcSDE Geodatabase is required.
Once data has been loaded into the Geodatabase the user has several options with what to do with the data:
- Preview the data in ArcCatalog
- View and edit the data using ArcMap
- Export the data as Shapefiles or in other formats:
- Using the MapManager 9 OS MasterMap Geodatabase Filter – user can speciofy regions of data to export using a polygon and select specific feature classes to export
- Using ArcToolbox, export individual feature classes to: Shape, Arc coverages and CAD formats